Are you interested in submitting your application?
We invite you to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
WATER TREATMENT OPERATOR
The duties of the water treatment operator will be exercised under the authority of the Osisko Mining Inc. Senior Environmental Technicians. The Water Treatment Operator will be in charge of the operation of the effluent treatment system and its sampling. The incumbent will be required to work closely with the Senior Environmental Technicians, surface facilities personnel and other members of the Company. Based at Lake Windfall’s advanced exploration project, he will be working on a 15/13 schedule, fifteen days of work, thirteen days off.
- Ensure the proper functioning of all elements (including pumping system) and all units involved in effluent treatment including start-up and shutdown;
- Carry out various tests (pH, ammoniacal nitrogen, etc.) used to adjust the treatment of the effluent;
- Record the different data of the treatment system (flow rates, pH, turbidity, etc.) and record them in the Excel spreadsheets;
- Ensure the filling of the different reagents involved in the treatment;
- Maintain the effluent treatment system including winterization;
- Carry out the sampling of the effluent according to the Directive 019 and proceed with sample shipment in the various laboratories;
- Ensure the proper operation of the composter;
- Support senior technicians in performing their tasks as needed;
- Protect the environment and prioritize sustainable development (economic, social, ecological);
- Prioritize the health, safety at work aspect through the design, tasks and work performed for the Company and its various associated companies;
- Ensure that all environmental policies and procedures of the Company are implemented and respected;
- Work as a team through collaboration, information sharing and efficient communication;
- Any other related tasks that will make the project a success.
Education and formation
- Have a degree in a relevant discipline. The diploma could be compensated by an experience;
- Hold a valid Class 5 driver’s license;
- Have passed the 1-2-3-4-5 and 7 mining modules (asset).
- Have 2 years of experience as a water treatment operator or in a related field;
- Intermediate level with Microsoft Excel spreadsheet;
- Basic knowledge in chemistry and science;
- Knowledge of pumps and plumbing concepts;
- Knowledge of WHMIS to work safely with chemicals.
- Must be able to communicate in French;
- Have good adaptability and be open to constructive changes and comments;
- Have an excellent sense of organization and good ability to recognize priorities;
- Be autonomous, possess initiative and be able to handle multiple files simultaneously;
- Have a good sense of observation, logic and thoroughness.
Osisko Mining Inc. thanks all applicants for their interest but wishes to advise you that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae by October 21st, 2018 at email@example.com. It is important to enter the following display code in the subject line of your email: OSK2018-09.
BEWARE OF FALSE RECRUITMENT OFFERS
Osisko Mining Inc. has recently become aware of attempts by certain individuals to solicit payments from job seekers for identifying job opportunities or to cover interview expenses. Other recruitment hoaxes ask job seekers for extensive personal information in advance of interviews. These recruiters have been falsely representing that they are associated with Osisko Mining Inc. Please be advised that Osisko Mining Inc. has no association with these individuals. Osisko Mining Inc. does not conduct its hiring process in this manner.
We urge job applicants to carefully check and confirm the credentials of any person that represents themselves as being associated with Osisko Mining Inc. before responding to any advertisements or e-mail solicitations. We further urge job applicants to critically assess requests made by any such recruiter. Unusual requests (such as requests for banking information) may be a sign that the recruiter is not engaged in a legitimate business activity.
Osisko Mining Inc. career opportunities are advertised on our web site. Job seekers can view and apply for openings with the company directly as written in the job postings.